- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 celery stalks, chopped
- 1 medium turnip, diced
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms
- ½ tsp. dried thyme
- ½ tsp. tarragon
- 3 Tbsp. fresh chopped parsley
- ½ tsp. black pepper
- 2 tsp. honey
- 1 Tbsp. gluten free Worcestershire sauce
- 5 cups low-sodium or reduced-sodium chicken broth, divided
- 1 lb. chicken breast, cooked and chopped
- 1 medium zucchini, quartered and sliced
- 1 medium yellow summer squash, quartered and sliced
Place all vegetables except zucchini, summer squash & 2 Tbsp. of the chicken broth in a large pot.
Cook covered over medium heat till vegetables are tender, about 30 to 40 minutes. Stir frequently to prevent sticking. Uncover and add rest of ingredients. Bring to boil, reduce heat to low, and simmer uncovered for 15 minutes.
Makes 4 servings.
Recipe by Dr. Stephen Sinatra