Welcome to our first “Feel Good Fridays!!”
Each Friday, we will be posting a recipe (with pictures) for you to enjoy – the recipes are easy to make, and absolutely delicious…not to mention great for you!
This week is a healthy ‘Breakfast Bar’ – it’s gluten free, and tastes scrumptious!! Be sure to let us know what you think in the comments section of the blog, and any ideas you might like to see from us in the future! 🙂
- 2 cups quinoa flakes
- 1 cup cashew nuts (chopped)
- 1 cup coconut flakes
- 1/2 cup sunflower seeds
- 1/3 cup ground flaxseed
- 1/3 cup chia seeds
- 3/4 cup dry dates (chopped)
- 2 tbsps coconut oil
- 2 tbsps almond butter
- 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 2/3 cup maple syrup or Lakanto (0 calorie natural sweetner)
- 2 tsps vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
Toss the quinoa flakes, cashews,sunflower seeds and coconut flakes together after crushing.
Toast for 25 to 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Place in a large bowl and allow to cool slightly.
Add in flax seeds, chia seeds, and dried dates.
Bring to a boil and lower heat to medium low.
Transfer mixture to a rimmed baking sheet lined with parchment paper and press into a rectangle.
Drizzle with chocolate if desired.
- 2/3 cup packed young coconut pulp
- 1/2 cup coconut water
- 1/4 cup macadamia nuts
- 2 tablespoons coconut nectar or maple syrup
- 2 drops Stevia
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Pinch of salt
- 1/2 cup melted coconut oil
- Blend all but the coconut oil, until smooth and creamy.
- Add the oil and blend to combine.
- Chill the mixture for at least 6 hours or until it firms.
- For extra crunch you can layer the puddings with pecans, the coconut cream and maple flakes.